Over the last few years, Focused Ultrasound (FUS), a non-invasive therapeutic technology, has gained substantial momentum following the approval of multiple new indications. The potential utility of FUS shows promise across a variety of clinical areas including cardiology, endocrinology, musculoskeletal medicine, neurology, oncology, urology, and women’s health. The use of ultrasound-guided FUS (USgFUS) is expanding due to its real-time feedback, flexibility and lower cost. As this field has advanced, the needs of researchers have changed. At Verasonics we continue to expand our portfolio to address the evolving needs in FUS research and product development.
Vantage™ – An Integrated FUS Drive and Ultrasound Imaging System for USgFUS
A number of leading institutions and companies throughout the world are currently using the Vantage™ system for USgFUS research and product development. The Vantage 64LE, 128 and 256 systems may be configured for USgFUS and are available with features including:
- Variable energy options: Extended Transmit Option or, if more energy is required, the HIFU configuration (included external power supply provides 1200 W maximum average power) meeting most FUS drive requirements.
- Rapid interleaving: Conventional imaging pulses and FUS use the same transmitters enabling rapid interleaving between imaging and therapy. Example scripts included.
- Flexibility: Complete control of transmit and receive parameters at the channel level using our intuitive programming model make the Vantage system ideal for FUS and other ultrasound research.
HIFUPlex – Transducers and GUI for 2D Therapy Planning and Delivery
The HIFUPlex product portfolio includes Verasonics’ Vantage HIFU Research Ultrasound Systems integrated with high-performance therapy and imaging array transducers from Sonic Concepts:
- Six standard bundles: HIFUPlex transducers are designed to address a wide range of applications and budgets. Researchers can save both time and cost by avoiding or delaying the purchase of custom transducers, which typically cost more, take longer to develop, and may include development risk.
- HIFUPlex GUI: Simplifies user control of the major parameters of FUS and imaging in a professional layout for 2D therapy planning and delivery.
- Consistency: Compare results across groups who are using HIFUPlex transducers and a Vantage HIFU system.
This integrated solution has allowed researchers in Asia, North America and Europe to efficiently develop and validate new approaches.
Graphical User Interface (GUI) Enhancements
Verasonics has enhanced the HIFUPlex GUI and added new capabilities with the HIFUPlex PLUS GUI. Both GUIs now feature a more streamlined appearance, more imaging modes, Thermal Strain Imaging (TSI) for monitoring (optional on HIFUPlex GUI), and experimental data management.