The Leader in Research Ultrasound for Biomedical Applications & Techniques
Verasonics Vantage systems provide outstanding performance and unparalleled flexibility to enable a wide array of ultrasonic research applications for biomedical sciences. With state-of-the-art hardware and software the Vantage system may be used as a data acquisition device with superior signal quality, as a platform for development and testing of new transducers, or as a programmable tool for investigating new ways of examining and manipulating tissues.
Over the last decade, Verasonics has become the leading provider of research ultrasound systems to the biomedical community. Over 2000 scientific articles referencing Verasonics technologies have been published.
Whether your research interests require very fast data acquisition, precisely-controlled energy delivery, high-channel count for volume imaging, or a wide frequency range, the Vantage system is the ideal platform for enabling your investigations more quickly and cost-effectively than other commercial or purpose-built solutions.
High Performance Data Acquisition
- Outstanding signal fidelity
- Complete control of transmit and receive parameters at the channel level
- Online, real-time access to RF data from every channel
- Programmable tri-state pulser allows for high fidelity arbitrary waveform transmission, thus allowing phased array imaging to take advantage of advanced pulse encoding techniques, such as frequency and amplitude modulation, coded excitation, time-reversal, etc.
- Image reconstruction on the order of 40 million pixels per second using a standard, commercially available CPU
- Exceptional frequency range, with configurations from 50 kHz to 50 MHz
- Data acquisition into local memory (up to 100,000 FPS) limited only by acoustic travel time
- High-speed data transfer from the data acquisition system to computer at up to 6.6 GB/s
Unmatched Flexibility for Research Ultrasound
- Intuitive sequence programming model provides a template for programming simple or highly complex scripts, including the ability to call custom-processing functions
- Straightforward to integrate and utilize machine learning and deep learning tools for cutting-edge research using artificial intelligence (AI) techniques
- Universal Transducer Adapter (UTA) system and available adapters allow users to connect a broad range of commercially available transducers
- Easy to integrate custom transducers of any configuration and geometry
- Configurable from 1 to 2048 channels
- Software Simulator enables users to perform verification of custom programming, including acquisition sequences and data processing techniques, and can be utilized with or without the system hardware present. Additionally, the Simulator can improve research lab efficiency by allowing multiple users to utilize the Vantage system software, whether for working from home, training or custom programming, or while others are using the hardware
- Protect your investment with Verasonics’ upgrade program, that allows users to adapt and expand their systems to meet the needs of emerging applications
Best Customer Support in the Industry
- Multiple software toolboxes and a library of over 500 example scripts to facilitate ease-of-use and a head start programming the system
- Extensive user documentation including User Manuals, a Sequence Programming Tutorial, and Application Notes
- Technical support included with each system purchase allows customers to engage with our scientists and engineers for technical questions, e.g. script troubleshooting
- The Verasonics Community web site offers an online library of training videos, product documentation and repository of novel programming scripts contributed by users
- Webinars plus multiple live training events at locations around the world
Some examples of ultrasound research for which the Vantage platform is ideally suited:
New algorithm development for beamforming and image reconstruction
Acoustic radiation force techniques (ARFI), including Shearwave elastography, tissue manipulation, and more
Ultra-high-speed data acquisition for applications like functional imaging to examine blood flow dynamics in the brain
Development of new techniques and applications using micro-bubble contrast agents
Artificial Intelligence (AI) to study image optimization and more
Photoacoustic research that synchronizes data acquisition from the interactions of laser light with tissues
Transducer development and new product development
Commercial technology licensing of Verasonics’ technology for use in a commercial product
Volume imaging to interrogate tissues for perfusion and other transient changes
Preclinical imaging with high frequency transducers
As a teaching platform for instruction in physics, acoustics, signal processing, and more
Scientific Articles Referencing Verasonics Products
Verasonics’ research ultrasound products provide the platform and tools for many kinds of ultrasonic and acoustic research and development. Advancements made with these systems have been referenced in scientific articles over 2000 times.
The Vantage software includes a series of High Image Quality example scripts that are suitable for real-time imaging with a variety of transducers in many applications. Follow the links below to view videos and images from a variety of sources showing some of the capabilities of the platform.