Senior Software Engineer
Verasonics, the world-wide leader in research ultrasound, is hiring a Sr. SW Engineer. We are looking for an engineer with expertise in multi-threading, vector programming and signal processing for ultrasound and/or medical imaging products. Our small and collaborative engineering team thrives on solving complex problems and are looking forward to welcoming a new engineer to our company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Use multi-threading and vector programming skills to write software for image (or beam) formation and processing
• Develop GUI’s using Java
• Processing of the acquired ultrasound signals
• Programming of ultrasound acquisition sequences using Matlab
• 5 years professional experience with OO programming with Java and C/C++, specifically developing complex algorithms
• Experience with intrinsic C functions and array/vector programming
• Signal and image processing required
• Experience with interfacing medical imaging software with hardware is required
• Demonstrate basic understanding of analog and digital electrical circuits and components required
• Experience with Mac, Linux and Windows environments required
• GPU and Matlab programming preferred
• Experience reading hardware schematic diagrams preferred
• SDLC and well-rounded systems (GUI or non-GUI human interactions) and functional product understanding as well as rich technical (programming, handling database technologies and various operating systems, etc.) experience preferred
• BS or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or computer engineering or related field
• Experience working with cross functional and multi-cultural groups
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Start-up and/or small company working experience preferred
• Selected individual will be comfortable with ambiguity; self-motivated; results-oriented; and a team player with a solid attention to detail and sound decision-making skills
• Able to travel domestically and/or internationally and not be restricted by Homeland Security.
Office & Facilities Administrator
Verasonics, the world-wide leader in research ultrasound, is hiring a FTE Office/Facilities Administrator reporting to our Director of HR. We are looking for a customer service and detailed-oriented person who would enjoy the challenge of tackling a wide variety of projects spanning office and facilities administration, quality assurance, human resources, marketing, sales, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receiving inventory to include insuring complex, multi-part orders are complete
• Troubleshooting (and follow through to resolution) licensing requests from customers utilizing Salesforce
• Reception duties: answering inquires via phone and email and greet walk-in’s.
• Incoming physical & mechanical inspection and running basic tests on incoming systems for baseline adherence to specs
• Assist with security administration, card key access and master calendar tracking
• Assist with inventory, licenses and updates of development computers and software throughout labs and offices for internal and external customers
• Submit, follow up and interface with building landlord on fulfilling site service requests
• Facilities/kitchen inventory ordering and stocking and restocking
• Accurately enter data into Salesforce and proprietary databases
May also be asked to:
• Provide basic marketing communication materials as needed
• Facilitate Verasonics’ customer training events from beginning to end
• Pick/up deliver parts/fabrication items as needed
• Ad-hoc duties for sales & marketing, HR, executive team as needed
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED or DESIRED:
BS or BA degree or equivalent
1 year of experience working with MS Office (especially Outlook), CRM, DB’s and/or inventory management systems. Salesforce experience highly desired.
This role demands a strong sense of responsibility; a self-starter with innate curiosity, a desire to learn new things and eagerness to help where needed; the ability to successfully juggle multiple responsibilities
Successful incumbent will be highly organized, accurate & detail-oriented and demonstrate excellent written, verbal and computer communication skills (especially in a networked environment) while maintaining flexibility, composure, and a good sense of humor.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter/email to:Recruiting@Verasonics.com